- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is working with partners around the world to strengthen efforts to prevent HIV/AIDS. The Foundation supports the following strategies: implement model programs for HIV prevention; improve and develop safe, effective, and affordable prevention technologies; develop an HIV vaccine; and advocate for policies and financing. Click here to find out more about the Foundation's work in HIV/AIDS.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) CIHR's mandate is to "excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge and its translation into improved health for Canadians, more effective health services and products and a strengthened Canadian health-care system."
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC) The mission of GAC is to lead Canada's international effort to help people living in poverty. DFATD's aim is to manage Canada's support and resources effectively and accountably to achieve meaningful, sustainable results; and engage in policy development in Canada and internationally, enabling Canada's effort to realize its development objectives.
- Health Canada is the federal department responsible for helping the people of Canada maintain and improve their health. Health Canada is committed to improving the lives of all of Canada 's people and to making this country's population among the healthiest in the world as measured by longevity, lifestyle and effective use of the public health care system.
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada works with Canadians in all areas of the economy and in all parts of the country to improve conditions for investment, enhance Canada's innovation performance, increase Canada's share of global trade and build a fair, efficient and competitive marketplace.
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is the lead agency for the overall coordination of the Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative (CHVI) - the collaborative initiative between the Public Health Agency of Canada, Industry Canada, Health Canada, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Canadian International Development Agency, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Agency coordinates and oversees CHVI governance and management structures; facilitates collaboration with domestic and international stakeholders, serving as the focal point for its implementation; and provides secretariat support.
The mission of PHAC is to promote and protect the health of Canadians through leadership, partnership, innovation and action in public health.