Vision and Objectives
The vision of the Alliance Coordinating Office is to integrate a national network of researchers through high-impact programs that capitalize on Canada’s strengths, create new opportunities for international collaboration and ensure that Canada is a leading contributor to the global HIV vaccine research effort. This will be achieved by:
Building on Canadian strengths and defining Canada’s niche
- Identify and promote areas of strength;
- Support strategic decision-making for investment into HIV vaccine research; and
- Work with partners to help train the next generation of HIV vaccine researchers and raise the priority of training nationally.
Defining clear goals
- Advance basic science;
- Translate basic science to preclinical and technology development; and
- Foster the enabling conditions for deployment of an effective vaccine in Canada and globally.
Ensuring effective collaboration
- Act as a conduit for national and international collaborations that advance complementary mandates;
- Mobilize non-HIV researchers to bring new insights, technologies and infrastructure to the field of HIV vaccine research; and
- Facilitate information exchange, collaboration and coordination across diverse national and international research efforts.