"What characteristics of HIV vaccines do potential end users prefer and prioritize?"
Date: August 30, 2016
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm EDT (8:00am - 9:00am PDT, 10:00am - 11:00am CDT, and 5:00pm - 6:00pm SAST)
Download Poster (PDF)
Please join us for an upcoming webinar on, "What characteristics of HIV vaccines do potential end users prefer and prioritize?" to be presented by Dr. Clara Rubincam of the University of Toronto, and Dr. Millicent Atujuna of the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation. This webinar will provide Canadian researchers and members of the Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative Research and Development Alliance with an understanding of end-user product-related preferences for HIV vaccines, the possible effect on future uptake and adherence, as well as the impact on roll-out of HIV vaccines for key populations. The webinar will be if particular interest to HIV vaccine researchers and trainees who will be designing HIV vaccine clinical trials, and are interested in learning more about product preferences for future HIV vaccine delivery.
- Understand and be able to describe some key end-user product-related preferences for HIV vaccines (efficacy, duration, mode of implementation, cost)
- Explore how these preferences may affect future uptake and adherence
- Learn about the potential for an integrated social-structural and biomedical approach to the development and roll-out of HIV vacccines for key populations
- Dr. Clara Rubincam (left photo) is a postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Peter Newman at the CHVI Team in Social and Behavioral Research on HIV Vaccines in the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work at the University of Toronto.
- Dr. Millicent Atujuna (right photo) is a sociologist/population scientist with a focus on issues relating to social and behavioral aspects of health. She is currently working as social behavioral scientist at the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation.
This webinar will be presented in English only.
Members of the CHVI R&D Alliance Virtual Community (Alliance VC): Login to the Alliance VC, click on the Register for Events tab, and fill out the registration questionnaire.
Not yet an Alliance VC member? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the webinar.